Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Stitches!


So as I mentioned I’m starting this blog to hopefully provide some tutorials and some good chatter about my crafting that keeps me busy.  I hope you can learn from me and I know there is so much I can learn from you.

My sewing story began three years ago when my husband got me a sewing machine for Christmas. It was your typical basic Singer, but such a great starter machine. I have since moved up in the sewing machine world and passed that little guy on to a dear friend who is starting quilting which makes my heart swell! Anyways, the first thing I sewed on that new machine was a little quilt kit packet purchased at AC Moore’s (which stands for craft store on the East Coast.) Ever since I have fallen in love with quilting! I have since made 17 quilts and counting and with every single one, I learn something new. Don’t get me wrong my sewing machine is often busy sewing other fun things (especially this time of year with Halloween creeping upon us,) but quilting has my heart. I love a good scrappy feel with lots and lots of beautiful crazy colors. I love the feel of good quality fabrics against your skin (much to my budget’s disappointment.) I love the little mistakes that each quilt holds, but most of all I love giving them away (which is why I never have a quilt to cozy up with on the couch in my own home!!) I hope to post some fun quilting and other tutorials on here if I can ever figure out how to post a picture of the quilt that you can click on and it goes to the tutorial. I have literally spent the last two days trying to figure this out and I finally just decided to start blogging already!! If there are any experts on this matter I would love some help!
 
This blog may be a little slow for the seasoned quilter (as I am still learning everyday) but I am trying to make a blog to help those new to the game and that is packed with great information and lots of fun along the way! If any of my posts are confusing or if you need any guidance on the tutorials (once I can figure out that clicking thing mentioned above,) please don’t hesitate to comment or shoot me an email. I would love to hear from you!!

Until then! Happy stitches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment